Monday, November 21, 2016

SEEN IN CAMBODIA


I have been off traveling in Cambodia for a month.  I went mainly because I wanted to see Angkor Wat  which turned out to be just a part of a huge archaeological area full of history.  I found Cambodia just fascinating.  A good country to go to for an adventure.  The countryside is just beautiful.  I fell in love with the wooden country houses on stilts and could have photographed every single one of them.The cities are just crazy with a "wild west" energy as everybody hustles to make their living out on the streets.

My favorite thing to do was riding down dirt roads out in the country in the back of a tuk tuk.  All around were rice padi with sugar palms or coconut palms silhouetted against the sky.  By the road is a picturesque red roofed farm house with banana trees and a few white cows in front. In the distance are a few blue hills with the gold spire of a temple.   Just stunning!

Here, as usual, are a few garden related photos from my trip.























At a Buddhist temple in Siem Reap the following notice was posted.  I think gardeners and grounds crew workers might enjoy reading it and agree with the writer.

Six Benefits of Cleaning a Temple Ground

1  It creates a clear mind for oneself.
2  It brings a clear mind to others.
3  It attracts the protections from celestial beings.
4  It causes a good complexion.
5  It causes one to be reborn in the heavenly realm.
6  It is a good example.


Aloha

2 comments:

  1. Great photo! I love old buildings, I always try to imagine what they looked like when they were first built.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lea! Yes....the last photo is of the gate at the back entrance from the water filled moat at Angkor Wat.

    ReplyDelete