Wednesday, November 15, 2023

FLOWER OFFERINGS AT THE TEMPLE OF THE TOOTH

 I have been off traveling for a few months in Asia and am now back home and going through my travel photos.  I will be posting some of them over the next few weeks as I get myself organized.  Today is just a quick one about my visit to the lovely city of Kandy up in the mountains of central Sri Lanka.  At the center of the city is a royal palace complex next to a man-made lake.  The most important building of the complex is Sri Dalada Maligawa or the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic.  Buddhists, both local and international, arrive as white clothed pilgrims with floral tributes to offer along with prayers at the home of the Buddha's tooth.  There are many stalls outside the temple gates selling flowers or you could bring your own from home.






















Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment