Thursday, May 17, 2018

AT THE HONOLULU FLOWER SHOW



Last weekend I attended the Honolulu Garden Club's flower show held at the Honolulu Museum of Art.  This flower show is held every three years and the admission fee gets you in to see the art galleries as well as the plants and flowers on show out in the courtyards.

I must admit, the first time I went to the show, many years ago, I was blown away by the flower arrangements and the other plant material on display.  The last few times I  have attended;  not so much.  Maybe the whole culture of stay at home housewives who garden and create flower arrangements is on the way out although surely us retirees can take up the effort.  Despite that, I was glad I went and there were a few interesting and inspiring things to see.  I was also happy to support the garden club as they do contribute a lot of time and money to help support Honolulu's botanical parks and other community gardening efforts.

Here are several photos taken from my outing.


















Awarded Best in Show

Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment